IB published a press release about the Nintendo Wii CPU Broadway, and it states that the cpu is 20% more power-efficient than the gekko cpu, and that it has begun shipping processor chips.
IBM Corp. says it has begun shipping processor chips for Nintendo Co. Ltd.’s forthcoming video game console, to be called Wii.
“(Nintendo statement) The first chips are in our possession. Today’s milestone marks the final stage of our drive to reach both core and nontraditional gamers with an inviting, inclusive and remarkable gaming experience.”
IBM only says the chip is 20 percent more power-efficient than the first game chip it began making for Nintendo in 1999, which was called Gekko.
“Both the Nintendo Wii and the Sony PS3 are generational changes,” said analyst Charles King with Pund-IT Research in Hayward, Calif. “They are going to be the latest and the greatest. They are what we will see probably as the next steps for computer gaming for the next five to 10 years.”
DaN Connor (working for Telltale Games), revealed that the platform which could be selected well to carry Sam and Max adventures would be Wii. The lever of the console lends itself indeed to wonder with this kind of plays. The team in load of the project concentrates on the gameplay and the experiment of play and not the technique (without forsaking it). It is not thus astonishing to hear that Wii would be the perfect console for a possible bearing.
The first Far Cry Wii details have been revealed in VGMDaily Podcast, this is a summary of all the information from the cast:
- The title is Far Cry: Vengeance
- Lifting/flicking the nunchuck allows players to jump.
- Wiimote used for knifing attacks, moving Wii mote forward to zoom among other innovations.
- Not a direct port from the Xbox versions, primary focus being graphics and gameplay.
- Stable 30 FPS presentation, available in Widescreen 480p format.
- 20+ Hours for single player campaign.
- Splitscreen multiplayer.
- Online possibility being in retail version – “We’re testing online right now”.
- Wiiconnect24/Downloads being a possibility also.