In An interview in the VIP lounge of Nintendo of Europe’s website, , Ubisoft Senior Project Coordinator Stephanie Langlois commented this:.
“Online will maybe one day be announced by Nintendo but it won’t be for the launch [of Red Steel].
In terms of gameplay I can’t reveal anything really but what I can say is that internally we are making tons of tests,” she said to the website.
The german reporter†”Falafelkid“, has incuded in his blog some declarations of the top developers ( Sid Meier: Railroad Tycoon , Gabe Newell: Half-Life, Will Wright: The Sims) of the world about the Nintendo Wii console.
Sid Meier, being a PC man, of course, is unlikely to develop for the console anytime. Still, he was impressed by it.
While Gabe Newell said quite clearly that it’s the hardest console to develop for (because of the unique controller), he also said the Wii would be a cool platform for Half Life’s crowbar.
Will Wright was outspokenly positive about Nintendo. He could not comment on a possible Spore port, but he said that Wii was most apt to capture the mass market. So good news indeed for the Nintendo console from Leipzig.
More About: Nintendo Wii
This are the THQ Wii controls for their games:
- SpongeBob fans will get to fly using the Wii controller as it becomes an aircraftís control stick in unique, fast paced flying sections.
- Players will experience racing as they grip the Wii controller like a steering wheel for a whole new and intuitive virtual driving experience.
- Rampage through Bikini Bottom as a 50 foot Plankton using the Wiiís unique accelerometers by sweeping, swiping and shaking the controller to punch, stomp and roar through a path of destruction.
- Melee attacks using the Wiiís controller in sweeping gestures allow players to create combo-moves.
- Players perform Bending moves by moving the Wii controller left, right, up or down.
- Focus Moves allow players to draw symbols, using the Wii controller, from the “Avatar world” in a time based series in order to generate special moves.
- Players can use the Wii Nunchuk to control the game camera with tilting action.
- Players will race rotating the Wii controller like a steering wheel.
- Control jumps with the Wii controller.
- Enhanced mini games will use the unique control features including tilt mechanics in Tractor Tipping and motion mechanics for the Pit Stop.
- Swing the Wii remote like a club to tee off for a game of golf.
- Simulate a pool stick with the Wii remote in a game of Barnyard Billiards.
- Swing and strike with the controller to whack weasels in the Whack-a-Rac game.
- Utilize the Wii controller like a steering wheel to take the farmerís truck on a joy ride.
More About: Wii controls
Nintendo-Lan, managed to speak to the Red Steel Wii gameís developers on the issues of graphics, load-times and swordplay.
Mordrag: Hi, in your interview with Ubisoft you could ask how the swordfighting is going to work now, because it was announced to be redesigned. So that the swordmoves aren’t predetermined any more but are converted 1:1.
N-LAN: That’s the case indeed. The developer has confirmed that the control scheme will be completely redesigned so that the controller moves are converted into the game precisely. Besides the controller sensitivity will be completely adjustable in the final version. And the graphics were improved very well since E3, now the atmosphere is darker and thrilling. But that’s not all, there will be even more improvements on the graphics side.
Mordrag: Furthermore you could ask Ubisoft if there are any loading times in Red Steel or in other games on the Wii.
N-LAN: In Red Steel there will be no loading times at all because of smart streaming techniques.