Nintendo has stated that the Forecast Channel on the Wii will be ready for japan at Japanese Wii launch on December 2nd.
The data will be served by Weathernews Inc. . I haven’t heard any word confirming that the Wii Forecast Channel will be available day one at US launch, but I sure hope so.
New details where revealed From the Gamekult interview with Ogawa Yôjirô
- 70 missions
- Approximatively 10 hours to finish all the missions, and obviously more to obtain all the medals, hidden items, and other bonuses.
- No other playable characters. Only Sonic.
- They shifted from an extremely active gameplay scheme to an oversimplified one because they found the original too tiring. Also according to him, deep gameplays and big adventures don’t suit the Wii philosophy.
- Over 30 mini-games, playable up to four players.
- Possibility to have online downloadable content.
Dolby Press Releases : September 22, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 21, 2006 — Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: DLB) announced today that the Wii™ gaming console from Nintendo Co., Ltd. will use Dolby® Pro Logic II technology to offer gamers an immersive surround sound experience.
“The Wii™ console will break down the walls that separate gamers from everyone else” said Koji Kondo, Manager, Sound Group, Entertainment Analysis and Development Division, Nintendo Co., Ltd. “Sound is a key part of this equation and because Wii supports Dolby Pro Logic II surround sound technology, we think everyone can have a great audio experience.”
“Dolby Pro Logic II technology ensures that the Wii console can offer rich, immersive surround sound, which is essential to a great gaming experience,” said John Griffin, Marketing Director, Games, Dolby Laboratories. “We’re looking forward to hearing how great Nintendo’s games sound at launch.”
Nintendo has announced that the Wii console will be available in North America on November 19, in Japan on December 2, 2006 and in Europe on December 8, 2006.